08 Oct Cleaning Your Car Headlights
Have you ever been driving down a dark road and come to find that your headlights seem weak? This could be due to the dirt and grime that has gotten on them from the summer transitioning into fall weather. This is a safety hazard for yourself and other drivers if you decide to leave the dirt on the lights. You don’t want to put yourself at risk for a collision, so make the effort to clean your car for the new season.
Foggy headlights are probably the last thing you want to deal with when it comes to your car. However, fixing the issue is easier than you may think. In order to restore your headlights back to what they used to be, follow these steps and avoid going to an expensive dealer for maintenance:
- To get started, you will need some toothpaste. This remedy makes the whole process quick and easy.
- Apply a generous amount of toothpaste on to a dry, clean cloth.
- Rub the cloth aggressively on the headlight. In moments, you will feel the dirt coming off.
- Once you feel that all the grime has come off, rinse the car headlights thoroughly with water.
- Polishing the headlight with a buffing pad afterwards will add shine and preserve the cleanliness.
At Clark Insurance, we hope these tips help you in cleaning your car headlights in an easy and simple manner. If there are other issues with your headlights such as a blown bulb or cracked glass, you should bring it to a professional to look at. When you can, it saves money and time to handle the small issues at home. Then you can get back on the road quickly and safely!